Date: June 11, 2021
Location: Reno Ice
How to Follow:
Heading Into The Game
This is the first match ever between Reno Pond Hockey and the Desert Dogs. Reno Pond Hockey comes into this game sitting in third place. Reno pond hockey is 3-0-0 Reno Pond Hockey lost 8-13 to Hop Valley (9) in their last game. The game was awarded to Reno Pond Hockey after Hop Valley used illegal players (players who weren’t on their roster). The Desert Dogs currently sit in fifth place in the league after being undefeated after three games. The Desert Dogs won their last game vs the Murder Hornets(6) 5-1.
Reno Pond Hockey has scored 29 goals in 3 games. Reno Pond Hockey also has 18 assists for a total of 47 points. Reno Pond Hockey has a goals per game average of 9.67. They have scored on 2 of 4 power plays*. Their power play percentage is 50%*.
The Desert Dogs have scored 24 goals in 3 games. They have 16 assists giving them 40 total points. Thats 7 points less than Reno Pond Hockey. They have a goals per game average of 8. They have scored on 1 of 4 power plays*. Their power play percentage is 25%*.
Top Offensive Players
Reno Pond Hockey
Reno Pond Hockey has allowed 3* goals so far this season. None of those goals were assisted. Their goals against per game is 1. Reno Pond Hockey has a 1 goals against average. They have been on the penalty kill 4 times. According to the league website Reno Pond Hockey has killed off two penalties and allowed two goals on the other. On the league website the penalty kill percentage is 50%*.
The Desert Dogs have allowed 3 goals this season. They have given up a total of 4 points. Their goals against per game is 1. Their goals against average is 1. They have been on the penalty kill 7* times. They have not allowed a goal on the penalty kill. Their penalty kill percentage is 100%*.
- Reno Pond Hockey has to stay out of the penalty box. It really hurt their chances in their game with hop valley
- Reno Pond Hockey has to control their attitude. These refs aren’t afraid to give out penalties for talking back or even just asking questions. They shouldn’t be yelling at the other team or retaliating. Cool heads need to prevail.
- The Desert Dogs seem to be a strong defensive team. Will Reno pond hockey be able to break through that?
- Will the Desert Dogs be able to stay out of the box? They have 7 penalties in just 3 games.
- Reno Pond Hockey has a strong power play. The Desert Dogs have a strong penalty kill. If the game ends up being close penalties could be the deciding factor.
* = not accurate or incomplete stats