Date: July 20, 2021
Location: Reno Ice
How to Follow:
Heading Into The Game
This is the first match ever between Reno Pond Hockey and the Murder Hornets. Reno Pond Hockey comes into this game sitting in ninth place. Reno pond hockey is 3-5-0. Reno Pond Hockey lost 5-11 to Reno Sriracha (5) in their last game. The Murder Hornets currently sit in eighth place in the league. The Murder Hornets are 4-4-0. The Murder Hornets won their last game vs Q&D Construction (6) 8-7.
Reno Pond Hockey has scored 42 goals in 8 games. Reno Pond Hockey also has 24 assists for a total of 66 points. Reno Pond Hockey has a goals per game average of 5.25. They have scored on 2 of 10 power plays*. Their power play percentage is 20%*.
The Murder Hornets have scored 38 goals in 8 games. They have 22 assists giving them 60 total points. They have a goals per game average of 4.75. They have scored on 1 of 16 power plays*. Their power play percentage is 6.2%*.
Top Offensive Players
Reno Pond Hockey
Pond Hockey has allowed 53* goals so far this season. 31* of those goals were assisted. Their goals against per game is 6.26. Reno Pond Hockey has a 6.26 goals against average. They have been on the penalty kill 7 times. According to the league website Reno Pond Hockey has killed off 5 penalties and allowed 2 goals on penalty kills. On the league website the penalty kill percentage is 71.4%*.
The Murder Hornets have allowed 44 goals this season. They have given up a total of 70 points. Their goals against per game is 5.50. Their goals against average is 5.50. They have been on the penalty kill 17 times*. They have not allowed 1 goal on the penalty kill. Their penalty kill percentage is 94.1%*.
- Reno Pond Hockey is on a 5 game losing streak
- If Reno Pond Hockey doesn’t win tonight they wont be able to have a winning record
- If Reno Pond Hockey does not win tonight the best they will be able to do is go 6-6 on the season
- Reno Pond Hockey has given up 10 or more goals in their last four games
- Reno Pond Hockey needs to tighten up on defense
- This could be a close game
- This will probably come down to who plays tighter on defense
* = not accurate or incomplete stats