Date: August 15, 2021
Location: Reno Ice
How to Follow:
Heading Into The Game
This is the first match ever between Reno Pond Hockey and the Tahoe Dawgs. Reno Pond Hockey comes into this game sitting in 12th place. Reno pond hockey is 3-8-0. Reno Pond Hockey lost 0-6 to Blue Moon (10) in their last game. Reno Pond Hockey played that entire game with only 5 people. the Tahoe Dawgs currently sit in 11th place in the league. Tahoe Dawgs are 3-8-0. The Tahoe Dawgs lost their last game against Cruz Construction (1) 0-8.
Reno Pond Hockey has scored 49 goals in 11 games. Reno Pond Hockey also has 28 assists for a total of 77 points. Reno Pond Hockey has a goals per game average of 4.45. They have scored on 3 of 13 power plays*. Their power play percentage is 23.1%*.
The Tahoe Dawgs have scored 44 goals in 11 games. They have 20 assists giving them 64 total points. They have a goals per game average of 4 They have scored on 4 of 17 power plays*. Their power play percentage is 23.5%*.
Top Offensive Players
Reno Pond Hockey
Pond Hockey has allowed 76* goals so far this season. Their goals against per game is 6.91. They have been on the penalty kill 11 times. According to the league website Reno Pond Hockey has killed off 8 penalties and allowed 3 goals on penalty kills. On the league website the penalty kill percentage is 72.7%*.
The Tahoe Dawgs have allowed 66 goals this season. They have given up a total of 97 points. Their goals against per game is 6. They have been on the penalty kill 19 times*. They have allowed 4 goals on the penalty kill. Their penalty kill percentage is 78.9%*.
- The Tahoe Dawgs are playing back to back days. That could make them more fatigued then in a normal game. This could give Reno Pond Hockey an advantage moving forward.
- With the Tahoe Dawgs loss to Cruz Construction, Cruz Construction goes undefeated on the season only allowing a total of 9 goals against with a total of 5 shoutouts.
- Reno Pond Hockey is trying to snap an 8 game losing streak
- Reno Pond Hockey is trying to win one final game before the end of the season
- Neither team will not be in the playoffs
- This game is close in stats so it should be a close game
* = not accurate or incomplete stats